While observing the past cases of reported pest sightings in the hotel, there have been some red flags that were missed before the guests spied on these unwanted creatures. With this, to avoid such complaints from the guests, it is advisable to spot the early signs of pests that may help hotels avoid the developments of such serious infestations. These guests are more accustomed to paying more for premium amenities and services, similarly, the expectation rises as they are likely to get more than they expected from their money in return for their higher fees. In Sydney, termite control ensures that the experience of the guests at your hotel will reflect and may even exceed in some instances which is more important than ever for both customers satisfaction and standpoint to make a mark in the competitive field. Hotel customer service excellence is considered as a crucial point in helping and building the loyalty of the guests and assisting to retain the business through long-term relationships.
There are pests when infested, many types of pests can reproduce quickly, they are procured to hide and may even spread between the rooms without any detection. The nocturnal nature of some pests can also make it hard to detect their pressure.
Following are some indicators that pests could even be lurking in your hotel:
- Small brown spots or specks on bed sheets are the signal and presence of bed bugs. There is also another bed bug that is then discarded through what is left behind. With this, the reported bite symptoms warrant a close to an inspection for the pests.
- Gnawing marks or causing damage to the furniture, structures, walls or even woodwork, such equipment can also indicate to the insects or wildlife as an active source of the infestation.
- Holes, wall- tear and other types of damages to the food packaging can also have rodents and infestations of eggs, larvae or pupae around the food boxes and this also means that these products have pests infestations. One should also look for webs in the boxes, containers, under shelves and around the corners that are closed to food storages.
- Shedding skins or exoskeletons that are found on floors, shelving, windows sills or in cabinets or cracks that could be considered as a sign of insect issues. There could also be discarded wings, it could also be a sign of termites or ants.
- Spider webs that are found near windows, doors, light fixtures around the corner mean that the spiders, or the insects, also provide the primary food source for spiders which are in the area.
- Droppings that are found behind the appliances, in the cabinets and closets, or in the attics and crawl spaces can also prove the existence of rodent or pest presence.
- Collection of wood shavings could also be a sign of wood-nesting carpenter ants while the mud tubes can also signal the termite activity. Often cracks are found, under flooring, near baseboards or on the pipes, plumbing fixtures.
- In case your hotel has roof or exterior damage, birds or wildlife can be known as the culprits. If you encounter small piles of debris, then those have been left behind by rodents or wildlife.
- Any type of unusual odour, especially sharp or musty ones is also a sign of pest presence like rodents and cockroaches.
- In case your guests or workers report the actions of scratching or rustling noises behind walls or in ceilings overhead, then they may suspect the presence of rodents. Disturbed garbage or trash cans also indicates rodents or wildlife have been searching for some food.
- In case of greasy smudge marks on the walls or floorboards, it also means there is someone present.
Raising the service bar
To ensure the guest satisfaction and protect the space of your hotel from pests, one should opt for pest control services in Sydney to control bed bugs, cockroaches, rodents, mosquitoes and flies that are known as common hotel pests that are treated by an experienced commercial pest control experts such as SRM Pest Control, we even help you with hotel conducive conditions. Contact us today!